Sunday, November 7, 2010

10 C's

It's been so long since I've written here. (a confessional beginning if there ever was one...in the vein of 'forgive me father, for I have sinned...') I'm not so sure that I even have something profound to say. The beauty of the moment is that I love what I'm doing. So much of my seminary education has spent pushing through from one assignment to the next. Quite frequently I have wished to linger over a particular reading or topic, but there is never time to do so. Parish ministry (via internship) still has me moving at a good clip, but I get to linger with people. What a joy. My curiosity for individual life stories and spirituality is SO real at this point. Today I had 8 confirmation students and 3 adult mentor/guides together for an overview of the 10 Commandments. It was an engaging time together. God's intervention into human history at that time is still pertinent to 13-year-olds and every adult in the room, all the way to 2010 and beyond. Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment